Mangrove Forests play a crucial part in the ecosystems of the world’s oceans and are a highly productive ecosystem in their own right. Many marine species from all over the world visit mangrove areas to breed and protect their young.
Mangrove Forests support unique ecosystems, especially on their intricate root systems. The mesh of mangrove roots produces a quiet, protected marine region for fish, crabs, oysters, lobsters and shrimp. Mangrove forests filter out pollution, stabilize sediments, hold nutrients, protect the shoreline from erosion and provide food, nesting and nursery areas for many animals, including at least 220 fish species, 24 reptile and amphibian species, 18 mammal species and 200 bird species. Mangrove crabs improve the nutritional quality of the mangrove mud for other bottom feeders by munching their way through the mangrove leaves.
Mangrove Day Tour is a great chance to discover some of this flora and fauna that inhabits the lush tropical rainforests and mangroves around Damas Island. We offer this tour in boat as well as in a kayak.
Included in the tour:
- Transportation (round trip)
- Certified tour guide (German / Spanish / English)
- Drinks & Lunch
- Entrance fee
What to bring?
- Water shoes or sandals
- Insect repellent
- Comfortable light clothing
- Bathing suit.
- Starting from Quepos / Manuel Antonio US$80 p/p.
- For other pick up locations please contact us.
- 4 hours
Pick up time:
- Determined by the tide levels, contact us to make a reservation.
- Boat = Easy / Kayak = Moderate
- Minimum 2 people.
- Limited space reserve on time.
- Private tours are also possible, for times & rates contact us.