According to studies, the largest percentage of animals of most groups are active mostly or exclusively at night. Especially when the sun goes down, what is known for photographers as the bleu hours, that means from 18:00 – 20:00 hours, depending on locations and altitudes.
Once the sun sets in the Costa Rica Rainforest, the jungle takes on a totally different character. It goes from a green, cathedral-like forest where beautiful shining blue Morpho butterflies fly along small rivers, to a pitch-black jungle filled with the sounds of millions of insects and dozens of frogs & toads. It is the same green, fascinating forest, but now it is dark and you are ready to go.
It’s the best time to find beautiful tree frogs, shy snakes, and other rainforest creatures that only come out at night.
The beautiful symphony of a tropical rainforest at night, is one of the most exiting experiences. Turn off your lights for a moment, reserve this tour and just dedicate your attention & love to this unforgettable moment.
“A walk through tropical rain forest at night is an experience to savor, a sensual journey that shouldn´t be rushed… In the blackness of night it takes on an existence of its own, charged with mystery and pulsing with the beat of unseen life. Standing in the middle of the tropical rainforest during a moonless night without a flashlight is an experience which is undeniable organic, but it always makes me feel a bit claustrophobic.”
Included in the tour:
- Transportation (round trip)
- Certified tour guide (German / Spanish / English)
- Flashlights & Swarovski Telescope
- Entrance fee
What to bring?
- Hiking shoes
- Insect repellent
- Comfortable light clothing
- Quepos / Manuel Antonio US$50 p/p.
- For private tours please contact us.
- 3 hours
Pick up time:
- Quepos / Manuel Antonio – 18:00 hrs.
- For other pick up locations please contact us
- Minimum 2 people.
- Tours like this one could be done countrywide, for further info contact us.
- Limited space reserve on time.
- Private tours are also possible, for times & rates contact us.